Over two days my family and I watched the Gilmore Girls revival – A Year in the Life. I was impatiently waiting for this since Netflix announced it. Who am I kidding, I have been waiting since season 7
existed, I mean, ended. I re-watched the original series (GG:TOS) in a frenzied build up that left me rushing through season 6 and 7 (sorry not sorry). We sat down and watched all 6 hours of this mini-series and here, with as few spoilers as possible, are the 11 things I liked the best about it.
- It allowed me to like Logan (and continue to think Rory is mostly a jerk)
- Jess is the version of him I wanted on the show
- Emily is a Gilmore
- Lorelai’s story from the outdoors
- He was at his desk
- Scranton 😉
- The song from season 4 (Reflecting Light – Sam Phillips)
- Emily gets Richard’s line from the pilot
- Luke’s “This is all I will ever need”
- Lorelai’s “Everything in my life has something to do with coffee. I believe in a former life, I was coffee”
So my favorite was Fall, as it is in real life.